New harvest extra virgin olive oil
What an exciting time, after an amazing harvest, working with friends, neighbors and friends on our organic farm Tenuta Le Mandorlaie, we can advise that our new harvest extra virgin olive oil is available to reserve in our secure online store. New harvest extra virgin olive oilrefers to olive oil that is freshly produced from the most recent olive harvest. Extra virgin olive oil is the highest quality and purest form of olive oil, known for its exceptional flavor and low acidity.
The term “new harvest” indicates that the olives used to make this oil were recently harvested, usually within the same year, and the oil was pressed shortly after the olives were picked. This freshness can have a significant impact on the olive oil’s taste and aroma.
The characteristics of our new harvest extra virgin olive oil include:
- Fresh and Vibrant Flavor: New harvest olive oil is often praised for its lively and robust flavor. It has a peppery note, and its taste is based on the olive varieties we have.
- Higher Nutritional Value: Fresher extra virgin olive oil typically retains more of its natural antioxidants and beneficial compounds, such as polyphenols. We know that our olive oil, when stored in a cool dark location maintains its falvour and tastes, all unopened bottles are topped with nitrogen to stop any oxidisation.
- Strong Aroma: The aroma of new harvest olive oil can be more pronounced, offering a delightful and fragrant experience.
- Enhanced Health Benefits: Extra virgin olive oil is renowned for its potential health benefits, such as its role in promoting heart health and reducing inflammation.
- It’s essential to store our new harvest extra virgin olive oil properly to preserve its freshness and flavor. Keep it in a cool, dark place, away from direct sunlight and heat, and use it within a reasonable timeframe to fully appreciate its unique characteristics.
Please keep in mind that the specific taste and quality of new harvest extra virgin olive oil can vary based on factors like the olive varieties that grew well, flowered and produced olives this season, the location of our olive groves, and the high quality production methods we use to create incredible IGP Olive Oil Toscana.
What is IGP Olive Oil Toscana?
IGP Olive Oil Toscana, as the name suggests, is an Indication Géographique Protégée (IGP) designation for olive oil produced in the Tuscany region of Italy. This IGP status ensures that the olive oil is made using olives grown in Tuscany and adheres to specific quality and production standards associated with the region.
The IGP Olive Oil Toscana designation means that the olive oil must meet certain criteria and characteristics set by the region, which may include factors like the types of olive varieties used, the geographical location of olive groves, and the production methods. These standards are designed to maintain the quality and authenticity of olive oil produced in Tuscany and to protect the reputation of this region’s olive oil.
Olive oil from Tuscany, particularly extra virgin olive oil, is renowned for its high quality and distinct flavor profile. The specific requirements and characteristics for IGP Olive Oil Toscana would be detailed in the regulations and standards established by the relevant authorities within Tuscany or Italy. These regulations often include stringent quality controls to ensure that the olive oil meets the expected standards for IGP designation.