Why is extra Virgin Olive Oil good for you?
Extra virgin olive oil is considered to be good for you due to its various health benefits. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Rich in healthy fats: Extra virgin olive oil is a good source of monounsaturated fats, which are considered to be “healthy” fats. These fats have been shown to help reduce LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels, which can lower the risk of heart disease.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Extra virgin olive oil contains compounds that have anti-inflammatory properties, such as oleocanthal. Chronic inflammation has been linked to various health problems, such as heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease, so reducing inflammation may help lower the risk of these conditions.
- Antioxidants: Extra virgin olive oil is rich in antioxidants, such as phenols and vitamin E. These compounds help to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals, which can contribute to various diseases.
- Helps with digestion: Extra virgin olive oil has been shown to help with digestion by increasing the production of digestive enzymes and stimulating the gallbladder to release bile, which helps break down fats.
- May help with weight loss: Although extra virgin olive oil is high in calories, studies have shown that it can actually help with weight loss. The monounsaturated fats in olive oil can help you feel full and satisfied, which may reduce your overall calorie intake.
It’s important to note that not all olive oils are created equal, and that cold pressed, nitrogen stored extra virgin olive oil is the most beneficial type for us. This is because it is made from the first cold pressing of the olives, which retains more of the beneficial compounds compared to other types of olive oil that are extracted using processes that create excess heat that affects the oil or sometimes where chemicals are used to extract the most amount of oil from all the parts of the olive, including the olive stone.
If you are looking to buy organic certified IGP Extra Virgin Olive Oil then go to our shop now